u-boot-0.3.0 + Linux boot failed on walnut

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 22 05:46:31 EST 2003

In message <3ECBB43B.2000601 at yahoo.co.jp> you wrote:

> Now I am trying to boot Linux using u-boot-0.3.0 not openbios on walnut.
> But it failed.

Did you read the documentation, and have a look at the  mailing  list
archives?

> It looks failed around timer initialization on vmlinux.
> But in the case of openbios, the Linux can boot.
> Are there any information about this issue?

Sure. Of course it's  difficult  to  guess  what's  wrong  with  your
configuration, but there are several typical sources of error:

- missing / wrong adaption of the bd_info structure
- bad passing pf clock information (see discusssion of clocks_in_mhz
  environment variable)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Above all else -- sky.