Kernel parameters (Sandpoint X3 with Altimus MPC755)

dong in kang dkang at east.isi.edu
Wed May 21 05:26:55 EST 2003

 It turns out that BDI has a few different versions.
BDI for Codewarrior, BDI for GDB, etc.
I just heard from Codewarrior that BDI for Codewarrior doesn't support MMU,
which means address translation is not supported.
I have to buy BDI for GDB.

 About your question, I downloaded the zImage.initrd at 0x800000.
I didn't turn on the default command line. Now I turn on the default command
line as
 CONFIG_CMDLINE="mem=128M ramdisk_size=20480 console=ttyS0,9600 console=tty0
root=/dev/ram init=/bin/sh"
The Sandpoint X3 has 128M ram and my ramdisk size is 20M.
It should be right, isn't it?

 Dong-In