Kernel parameters (Sandpoint X3 with Altimus MPC755)

dong in kang dkang at east.isi.edu
Wed May 21 03:56:53 EST 2003

 As a debugging tool, I'm using Metrowerks Codewarrior v.6.0 running on
Windows 2000 platform.
The BDI2000 for Codewarrior is connected to the JTAG port of the Sandpoint
X3.
I used the Codewarrior to load the linux kernel to the SDRAM of the
Sandpoint X3.
Of course, I used GCC to compile Montavista Linux kernel.
(I heard that BDIgdb is the best tool for Linux kernel debugging.
I'm considering purchasing BDIgdb. Currently, I have a problem of enabling
mmu.
After the initial boot part of the Linux finishes setting up BATs and
enables the mmu,
the address translation is not done properly. So, when the kernel jumps to
0xC0000000, it jumps to physical address 0xC0000000.
It crashes there. I suspect BDI2000 with Codewarrior does not support mmu.

 Dong-In