64260/PCI accesses cached by CPU?

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Sat May 17 09:17:06 EST 2003

Allen,

I just sent essentially the same reply to a private email you sent me
but since you posted here too, I'll also answer here.

If PCI I/O or MEM space was being cached, your PCI drivers wouldn't work
at all...or at least not for very long.  I also mentioned that the
GT64260 is very slow when cache coherency is enabled.  What you
described here sounds like either an interrupt problem--which you've
apparently investigated--or is symptomatic of how the GT64260 handles
cache snooping.  I don't know what your problem is but I think your "PCI
I/O and/or MEM being cached" theory is wrong.  My $0.02.

Also, PCI mem space is mapped by the driver.  That's why you don't see
it mapped by any of the gt64260-specific code.

Mark