Best Linux/PPC compiler ?

Bret Indrelee Bret.Indrelee at qlogic.com
Sat May 17 01:27:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Steven Rothweiler wrote:
> What is the best Linux/PPC compiler?
>
> Specifically, we're using MPC8270.  We are coming from Linux/x86
> platform, where Intel has a nice compiler that blows the doors
> off of gcc, performance-wise.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if
> there have been any studies comparing various Linux/PPC compilers.
[ snip ]

I don't know if you can do the cross-compiles, but xlc for AIX is
the best PPC compiler I know of. You might try looking at SPEC,
see what compilers have been used for SPECmark for various PPC
systems.

-Bret

--
Bret Indrelee                 QLogic Corporation
Bret.Indrelee at qlogic.com      6321 Bury Drive, St 13, Eden Prairie, MN 55346