How ?

Bret Indrelee Bret.Indrelee at qlogic.com
Thu May 15 23:31:05 EST 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Rakesh Jagota wrote:
>  Can anyone suggest me how we can invoke the interrupt generated in the
> kernel from the user application. I am getting the interrupt in the driver, I
> want to update some register in the application, when the inettrupt will be
> generated, Right now I am using polloing method. Continuously I am calling
> read routines.

Don't know why you want to handle it from user space, but the easiest way
to notify an application would be to send a signal. Have a special ioctl()
to notify the driver that this application wants a signal, and then when
the driver receives the interrupt it clears the condition and sends a
signal to the registered application(s).

-Bret

--
Bret Indrelee                 QLogic Corporation
Bret.Indrelee at qlogic.com      6321 Bury Drive, St 13, Eden Prairie, MN 55346