Galnet-II+ / PowerPC 82xx support

w.n. jacobs willy.jacobs at nl.thalesgroup.com
Thu May 15 19:59:20 EST 2003

We are currently developing a system based on Marvell's Galnet-II+ family
(GT-48300 crossbar switch and the GT-48350 ethernet switch) managed by a
MPC8250.
A search for Linux support (except the MPC82xx PCI driver) for above Galnet-II+
chip-set did not result in any hits. Are there Linux drivers for this chip-set
(or compatible Galnet-II chips) already developed?

For quick software development we are also looking for COTS development boards
(stand-alone, VME, cPCI) based on the Galnet-II+ and a MPC82xx (with
PCI). Currently only Interface Concept has two boards based on a MPC860 (direct
CPU connection to the Galnet), but no PCI connection to the Galnet. Marvell also
does not have development board(s) for this configuration.
Are there alternative boards somewhere available?
--
willy