address translation

Trevor Woerner ppc339 at vtnet.ca
Thu May 15 13:50:05 EST 2003

I want to setup a mapping so that when anything tries to read/write the
16 bytes of 0x1f0 - 0x1ff the actual physical memory that gets accessed
is 0xf7000000 - 0xf700000f.

I can't figure out what I need to call to get this done.

ioremap() is the exact opposite of what I want, and remap_page_range()
comes very close but aligns everything to the page boundary (in other
words, after I do the mapping, accessing 0x1f0 gives me 0xf70001f0
instead of 0xf7000000). I also tried using io_block_mapping(), which I
use in my platform io setup routine, but the MMU crashed with one of
those '###A' thingies. :-)

any suggestions, please?

	Trevor