linux ppc boot parameters R3, R5

Claus Gindhart Claus.Gindhart at kontron.com
Thu May 15 00:48:45 EST 2003

Hi Ramanathan,
The Open Firmware Data is provided, if You use the Open Firmware Bootloader.
For every proprietary BootLoader, you can proceed without this.
Please pay some attention for the have_of flag, which is used in some places
of the ppc tree of the kernel. You have to ensure, that have_of is always
set to FALSE for your board.