What PCI specs will I need?

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Fri May 9 10:23:50 EST 2003

Ralph,

	We are looking at three posible canidates for the CPU. They are the
IBM-405GP the Motorola MPC8250 and the Motorola MGT-5200 (if motorola
decides to make it ). I haven't ever needed to design a PCI computer
before so I don't know what the BIOS's duties are. I know I need to know
capacitnces, impeadances, etc..... so the standard spec is a must to get
I also know I need the mini-PCI spec. I just need to know if I need to
get the BIOS spec as well or does linux or PPCboot take care of all of that.

Ralph Blach wrote:
> Conn,
>
> Have you looked at the IBM 405GP with an embedded pci controller?
> It can either be a host or client on a PCI bus.
>
> Chip
>

> Conn Clark wrote:
>

>> Hello all,
>>
>>     Our company is being forced to buy modules in mini-PCI because nobody
>> will sell us the discrete componets we desire. So we are going to have
>> to build an embedded computer to use them. I know we will need the basic
>> specification, but I was wondering if we need to get the BIOS
>> specification as well or does Linux handle it?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance,

<snip>

Conn

   If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
  (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com