advice please: virtex pro 2

James Don JDon at spacebridge.com
Wed May 7 20:38:39 EST 2003

Hi everyone,

I am just curious what kind of ETA to get a custom board based on virtex
2 pro "running" is.

Specifically:

1.) Is it just as "easy" as an MPC860 or MPC8260 based platform ?

2.) Is there any big caveats I should now about for debugging bring up?

3.) Does anybody know about vxworks 'support' for this as well?

4.) Is debugging support with BDI, vision ICE, etc there yet for this
board? Is it just good old JTAG or something different?

5.) Is this chip even mature yet?

Sorry kind of a wierd question I know ... but your opinions are much
appreciated.

Jim