What kind of Linux address must I use to set the SAR reg. of the DMA ctrl ?

Callebaut Benoit callebaut at mailandnews.com
Wed May 7 16:52:06 EST 2003

Hello,
I am writing the code to start a DMA transfer with the built-in DMA controller
of the MPC8245. The purpose is to do Memory to PCI transfers. The PCI part
seems to be OK ( memory of the device is written) the the source address seems
to be wrong since I read 0XFFFFFFFF as data in the device. I tried with bus
and physical address (using virt_to_bus & virt_to_phys functions) but this
doesn't give good results.
So I ask myself which kind of linux address must I use to configure the SAR
register of the Dual channel DMA controller ?

If It works I will post a patch of my work.

Thanks

----
Benoit Callebaut
Software Development Engineer