MPCBDM

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 7 00:06:54 EST 2003

In message <20030506081707.57165.qmail at web41813.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> What are the limitations of the MPCBDM ?

- bound to a PC's parallel port (vs. the networked BDI)
- slower downloads
- only support for MPC8xx CPUs
- only few flash types supported
- only mailing list "support"
- no warranty on the hardware

> Is it possible to debug generic C/C++ code without
> linux ?

yes.

> Whatr is the difference with BDI ?

The BDI2000 is a high quality (3 years warranty on the hardware!),
excellently supported (1 year support / software updates included),
professional tool.

The BDM4GDB is a do-it-yourself solution which costs only 2%  of  the
price  of  a  BDI2000. For that price you get a lot of functions, but
it's still weak compared against a BDI2000.

We have both in house (actually selling both of them), but  use  only
BDI2000 for our daily work.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Whenever people agree with me, I always think I must be wrong.
- Oscar Wilde