Linux Kernel generic question (procedure queue)

None Atall linux_meis at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 16:44:28 EST 2003

 Hello everybody,
 Is it possible to insert
a specific procedure (among with it's args) to the
kernel scheduler? I know that we can just call
schedule(); when we wait for an asychronus input or
we can even insert an interrupt to the kernel queue,
but is it possible to queue a procedure?
 Just for understanding the problem better, I have
a function write_buff that calls write_byte.
Write_byte
function uses PPC gpio for implementing something like
an SPI interface. When we write a big file (e.x 1M),
the system will not respond to anything until the
transfer is done. I inserted "schedule();" every time
the write_byte is called so that the system will
accually perform some other tasks. So my question is
if I could insert write_byte function to the scheduler
queue in such a way to prevent this problem.

                           Thanks in advance
                                  Dimitrios.

=====
-Dhmhtrios Meidanis
-Degree in Mathematics, University of the Aegean.
-Master in Computer Architecture and Digital
 Systems, University of Crete.
 Greece.