Flash File System Concerns

Prakash kanthi pkanthi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 04:11:08 EST 2003

Folks,

I have one concern regarding FFS. If you use flash for
your entire filesystem including /var/log, /proc,
etc.., you will be accessing flash too many times.

And there is good chance that, your flash on the board
reaches maximum number of accesses/writes limited by
flash technology.

How do people generally handle that in the industry.
Especially, if you have on-board (non-replaceable)
flash?

Thanks,
Prakash

Jaap Jan: Thank you very much for precise
instructions.

mailto:jjboor at lucent.com