8260 System clock

Ing.Gianfranco Morandi gianfranco.morandi at euro-studio.it
Sat Mar 29 02:36:05 EST 2003

Hi to All.

We are currently working with a custom board which uses an 8260 with 33MHz
external oscillator. We have applied the clocks programming that is almost
the slower we could, and correspond to 133/100/33 MHz. In this conditions
Linux and related applications run well.

We have tried to increment the CPU clock by changing the MODCLK1÷MODCLK3
configuration pins and in both 166/100/33 and 200/100/33 the system hangs
after the hash table programming.
The CPU is an HIP3 - B.3 (6K23 mask) revision and is marked with 200/166/66.

Does anybody has an idea about such behaviour ?

many thanks

Gianfranco