pcmcia microdrive support on 2.4.21-rev5 for arctic2

John F Davis johndavi at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 28 10:29:33 EST 2003

Hello

I am trying to get my microdrive working with 2.4.21.rev5.  I have the
following config options set:
CONFIG_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_PCMCIA_PCCF_4xx=m
CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECS=m

I can insmod pcmcia_core, pccf_4xx, and ds.

I built the latest pcmcia package from sourceforge in order to get cardmgr.

When I insert my microdrive, it says "insmod ide_cs.o" no module by that
name found.
I indeed do not have this module in my tree.  What's the deal?

FWIW, I tried building 2.4.17 kernel from kernel.org but it had the same
result.

JD