[OT] bdiGDB connection problems

xisto.garcia xisto.garcia at bol.com.br
Fri Mar 28 07:32:41 EST 2003

Hi there!

I'm new to bdiGDB and I'm facing some problems with it. I've got a
bdiGDB for a 82xx PPC and I've correctly updated its firmware and
configured it through the RS232 interface, specifying its IP address,
my host IP, bla bla bla. But when I try to communicate through the
ethernet, by a telnet section, it doesn't seem to respond at all.

Some facts:

- Target MPC8260 in a MPC8260ADS board;
- RedHat Linux 8.0 as the host;
- dump from the bdi200 setup:

BDI Type : BDI2000 Rev.C (SN: xxx)
Loader   : V1.05
Firmware : V1.15 bdiGDB for PPC6xx/PPC7xx
Logic    : V1.02 PPC6xx/PPC7xx
MAC      : 00-0c-01-xx-xx-xx
IP Addr  : 192.168.0.2
Subnet   : 255.255.255.255
Gateway  : 255.255.255.255
Host IP  : 192.168.0.1
Config   : mpc820ads.cnf

- The 'load mode' was correctly closed;
- The ethernet 'link' led is on and the 'rx' led blinks as packets
  ares sent on the net;
- The bdi doesn't even answer my pings!
- Sniffering the net, I've seen several ARP request and replies,
  exchanged by bdi->host and host->bdi.

Some questions:

- Do I need to have my target conected to bdi in order to
  stabilish the telnet connection?
- What about the tftp server, does it have to be running at
  this point?
- What services are provided by the bdi? Telnet on TCP port 23?
  ICMP also? And what about the debugger, does it listen to
  port 2001?
- How can I get it running?

Well, sorry by flooding the list with this newbie and OT message 8) And
of course, I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Xisto Garcia