dcbz works on 862 everywhere!

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Mar 27 02:22:18 EST 2003

Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> I am still intrested in trying copy-on-write but I can't figure out
> how. Is it a big job? Any pointers?

The 8xx properly implements copy-on-write now.  I don't remember when
I updated this, maybe somewhere in the mid 2.3.xxx timeframe.  All of
the processor specific MM functions have to be changed, it isn't
something that is likely going to be a configuration option. due to
all of the common #define, macros, and page table functions.  It
does remove three instructions and a branch from the TLBmiss handler :-)

	-- Dan