dcbz works on 862 everywhere!

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Wed Mar 26 18:57:52 EST 2003

> Hi guys.

Thanks Till, you are the first one who actually tested
my fix.

> I revitalized my old test environment on a
> mpc860t (XPC860TZP50B5 / 3J21M to be precise).

hmm, B5 rev is pretty buggy. Good that it works on
this silicon as well.

> I found that 'dcbz' (while failing to set DAR)
> indeed sets MD_EPN correctly. Hence, Jocke's fix
> (copy EPN[0:19]->DAR) would handle that.

Did you try any of the other dcxx instructions as well?

> My older idea (fixing up MD_EPN and DAR based
> on the faulting instruction opcode and the involved
> GPR contents) should work even if we have neither
> a valid MD_EPN nor DAR.

Yes, I tried to do that. I never got past how to convert the
virtual address in SRR0 to physical so I could read the instruction
and decode it.