kgdb and console output

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Mar 21 02:09:41 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 03:05:18PM +0000, Ibon Gotxi Garcia wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 17:25, Tom Rini wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:49:50AM +0000, Ibon Gotxi Garcia wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> > > INIT: INIT: NIT: IT: T: : version 2.78 bootingersion 2.78 bootingrsion
> > > 2.78 bootingsion 2.78 bootingon 2.78 booting
> > >

> > It's related to the 'console' support inside of the serial driver / kgdb
> > stub.  The best way, IMHO, around this is to use the 'kgdb_demux'
> > script.  I don't have the URL handy, but google knows.
>
> I have found it in
> http://linux.junsun.net/porting-howto/src/kdmx-1.02.tar.gz
>
> but I'm still unable of making it work. I seems fine when the kernel is

Is this 8xx or something else?  For 8xx, currently console output ALWAYS
goes to KGDB, if KGDB is enabled.  When the next 2.4.21-pre release
comes out, this behavior will change.  I suspect 8260 behaves in a
similar manner, but I don't have the HW to test it, so I did not make a
similar change there.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/