installing ncurses for cross compiling

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Mar 8 07:30:24 EST 2003

In message <3E68F912.7000602 at tataelxsi.co.in> you wrote:

> I want to write some programs for our serial console using ncurses. I
> have written and tested the apps in i386, now I want to cross compile it.
> I ahave Monta vista linux and ncurses is not available on i386.

You can find cross-development  versions  of  the  ncurses-devel  and
ncurses RPM's as part of our ELDK, see http://www.denx.de/re/ELDK.html

Note that you must install the cross development environment,  i.  e.
it will not work to use just these 2 RPM's with a native compiler.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason,
or a bad reason.  In this case it's a good reason.  :-)
                 - Larry Wall in <1992Jan17.005405.16806 at netlabs.com>