installing ncurses for cross compiling

Omanakuttan omanakuttan at tataelxsi.co.in
Sat Mar 8 06:54:58 EST 2003

Hi,
I want to write some programs for our serial console using ncurses. I
have written and tested the apps in i386, now I want to cross compile it.
I ahave Monta vista linux and ncurses is not available on i386.
When i tried to include the /usr/include/ for ncurses, ppc-gcc issues
warnings.
I downloaded ncurses-devel-5.2-12.ppc.rpm but rpm refuses to install it
on i386 because it is not for the architecture. I did not try the
--force option because of the conflicts.

How shall I get ncurses-devel-5.2-12 for ppc and install it in i386?

Thanks and regards,
Om.