standalone boot problem with cramfs (kernel crash)

"Callebaut, Benoît" benoit.callebaut at barco.com
Fri Mar 7 20:46:43 EST 2003

Hello,
I have a	 working system (MPC8245 based) booted up via NFS( kernel in
flash,root filesystem on network use of ppcboot 2.0.0).
 I try to make it boot from its flash.
I enabled the cramfs, MTD(working), MTDBlock device
disabled bootp,NFS.
I changed the kernel  parameters root to /dev/mtdblock0
I use no initrd and the devfs support is enabled.

The kernel crash in the rd_load function before the rd_load_image (I think
since it is nerver executed).
What can be the problem (bad root_dev type ? )

Best regards,

------
Benoit Callebaut
Software Development Engineer