arch/ppc/8xx_io/commproc.c brg calculation patch

Paul Ruhland pruhland at rochester.rr.com
Fri Mar 7 18:26:41 EST 2003

This patch is against the linux-2.4 denx cvs. I haven't checked
linxppc-2_4_devel tree but I imagine it is the same.  It adds a bit more
precision to the brg calculation.

Currently, the calculation simply truncates (rounds down) the brg divider
which will make the baud rate on the high side of optimal when a closer value
may exist below optimal rate.  This was causing communication with some
equipment to fail as the higher value was out of tolerance.

This patch will round down (the brg divider) if the fractional part of the
division is < .5 and round up if >= .5.

--
Paul Ruhland