u-boot and ibm boot

John Chan john at corelis.com
Thu Mar 6 05:15:50 EST 2003

Hello, folks,

my walnut board comes with ibm's boot "rom monitor" (and source code in
CD). I wonder if I can load a linux kernal image (EDLK for example) from
it? I heard that there is another boot code called u-boot. I wonder if
anyone had use it before on Walnut? if yes, do you recommand me to use it?

I would like to add an audio PCI board in the walnut board and would
like to configure/diagnosis the board during the boot time. IBM come
with their ROM monitor source code but the compiler is not free (High
C). I want to have capability to modify the rom monitor/boot loader to
add my own diagnostic code.

Do you think u-boot is good enough?

--jC