Question about modules

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 4 09:23:22 EST 2003

In message <20030303221205.GA12414 at ip68-0-152-218.tc.ph.cox.net> you wrote:

> > In commproc.c, add the following line:
> >   EXPORT_SYMBOL(m8xx_cpm_hostalloc);
>
> I'll bite... Dan is there a good reason this isn't exported?  Google
> shows nothing to me :)

IMHO the only "good" reason they were not  exported  right  from  the
beginnng  is that the standard drivers that come with the kernel tree
cannot be built as modules anyway, so nobody needed it.

Please add.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A Perl script is correct if it's halfway readable and  gets  the  job
done before your boss fires you.
                       - L. Wall & R. L. Schwartz, _Programming Perl_