SCC3 UART for MPC850

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 4 01:11:09 EST 2003

In message <NDBBIHDFKLJKGJJGMFJOIEANCHAA.dmacarth at ufl.edu> you wrote:

> I am currently working with an embedded planet LICCE MPC850 Credit card
> board with the associated MPC860 Timesys Linux Kernel.  I would like to use
> as many SCC and SMC channels for UARTs as possible.  I have successfully
> enabled SMC1, SMC2, and SCC2 for UART but SCC3 does not work.  Normally for
> the UART channels the TX lines go high when the kernel boots but the SCC3 Tx
> channel does not.  Does anyone know of modifications required for the kernel
> to get SCC3 to work as a UART or were possible conflicts might arise?

See the uart.c driver in the kernel source tree on our CVS server for
support of serial ports on all SMC / SCC ports.

Sorry, this is one of our patches that never  was  accepted  for  the
official source trees (also including hardware flow control).

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You have the capacity to learn from  mistakes.  You'll  learn  a  lot
today.