Question about modules

Ibon Gotxi Garcia igotxi at jazzfree.com
Sat Mar 1 04:20:04 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 16:47, bhupinder sahran wrote:
> Hi
>
> What abt System.map...
> Can u check if symbols are there.

yes, they are, as well as in vmlinux. In my top level Makefile I find:

$(NM) vmlinux | grep -v '\(compiled\)\|\(\.o$$\)\|\( [aUw]
\)\|\(\.\.ng$$\)\|\(LASH[RL]DI\)' | sort > System.map

but I think that in the step of making zvmlinux, unneeded symbols _may_
be stripped off, because i cannot find all the symbols in the target (in
/proc/ksyms or with ksyms -a). Am i right?

Thank you for answering, anyway.

Cheers
Ibon.