RTC for MPC8xx with Linux ?

Cedric Aubert cedric_aubert at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 20 00:05:28 EST 2003

Hi

Personnaly I use a DS1306 on SPI to do RTC on a
MPC860.
I don't use it under linux still now. But succesfully
run it under RTOS.

It's port under U-Boot so it's should not be difficult
use it under linux. If someone have some more
information
about DS1306 under linux (or throught U-Boot may be).

If you want to look at the DS1306 U-Boot driver, look
at
		boot/u-boot/rtc/ds1306.c

Expects that help

Cedric