writing device driver for memory mapped device

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Thu Jun 12 10:28:02 EST 2003

Hello all,
I have successfully booted Linux and u-Boot on our custom target (based on
IBM Walnut demo board) and I'm ready to start writing device driver for
Linux so that I can access my hardware on the board.

Our custom board has FPGA connected to EBC bus of PPC405gp and is memory
mapped. So, I only need a device driver which will allow me to map the
memory to the user space application and handle some interrupts. Can any
one recommend a good starting point?

Also, what are we required to do to stay compliant with GPL? Is posting
tarball of modified Linux/u-boot source on the web enough?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x143
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost