PCMCIA polling!?!

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 12 06:31:14 EST 2003

Dear Jmouro,

in message <5bf7b05c1bab.5c1bab5bf7b0 at iol.pt> you wrote:

> I'm working on a embedded system with a  TQM860L, and a I have a doubt that perhaps you might answer.
> I've 2 signals related with system defects (power supply defects) connected to PCMCIA channel II (IPBx). Is there a way to check if those signals where triggered without polling them? Like in interrupt lines? In that way I could

Maybe you can explain what exactly you are  trying  to  do?  Actually
there are 4 voltage detect lines: CBVS1/2 (Voltage Sense 1 and 2) and
CBBVD1/2  (Battery  Voltage  Detect 1 and 2). Interrupts can be abled
individualy for each of the 4 pins in  the  PCMCIA  Interface  Enable
Register.

But normally you don't have to care about this stuff - if you want to
use a PCMCIA Card with the system the PCMCIA  Card  Services  package
will  handle  all  such  events.  PCMCIA Card Service support for the
TQM8xxL modules / STK8xxL starter kit  is  ready  available  -  don't
re-invent the wheel.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Overdrawn?  But I still have checks left!