Kernel parameters (Sandpoint X3 with Altimus MPC755)

dong in kang dkang at east.isi.edu
Wed Jun 11 04:22:32 EST 2003

 Hello,

 Thank you for your reply to my questions.

 I'm still working on running Linux on Sandpoint. But it still doesn't work.
;( It seems to have problem within sandpoint_setup_winbond_83553(hose).
Right after "Enalbe RTC and Keyboard" using early_write_config_byte() call,
the memory area in 0xFFF00100 is not properly read. It is read all 0xFFs.
Other SDRAM area is read properly, though.
And the kernel can still run up to time_init() routine but never runs
farther than that.

 I'm using MVL version "linux-2.4.17_mvl21".
I changed the sandpoint_find_end_of_memory() to return 128M as is shown
below. The kernel parameter is changed to tell the memory size. I don't use
DINK, but I setup the memory controller at the BDI configuration file such
that 128M bytes is mapped onto bank 0. After the configuraion file is run, I
can read/write all memory area. (I didn't set any PCI related stuff.) Should
I add more kernel parameters or setup some data structures before I call the
zImage.sandpoint.initrd?

 static ulong __init
sandpoint_find_end_of_memory(void)
{
        ulong   size = 0;

#if 0   /* Leave out until DINK sets mem ctlr correctly */
        size = mpc10x_get_mem_size(MPC10X_MEM_MAP_B);
#else
//      size = 32*1024*1024;
        size = 128*1024*1024;   // by DKANG
#endif