x86(host) --> ppc(tgt) cross-tool-chain

Magnus Damm damm at opensource.se
Sat Jun 7 03:05:35 EST 2003

I don't know about that book and your specific glibc version,
but earlier versions of glibc (2.1.3) needed a patch to correctly
support powerpc processors with 16-byte cachelines like the 4xx- and
8xx-series.

I've built several cross compilers (for ppc) from scratch for use on
x86-based machines using gcc-2.95.3 and glibc-2.1.3. I have tested
several binutils versions, don't remember all right now, but I think
binutils-2.11.2 worked out ok except for some strip command line problems.

And yes, the toolchain was used with mpc8xx processors.

/ magnus