initrd for MPC860/862 with eldk2.1.10

XOL xol at mail.ru
Thu Jun 5 23:18:08 EST 2003

Hello.
I'm trying to boot my 862 board from EP.
I have eldk-2.1.10 and kernel 2-4-18
Booting from nfs works ok.
I made kernel+initrd image and try to boot it via
tftp first before burning it to flash. I'm getting following message from kernel

RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 16384K size 1024 blocksize
eth0: CPM ENET Version 0.2 on SCC1, 00:10:ec:00:3a:de
loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
IP: routing cache hash table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux NET4.0.
crc errorFreeing initrd memory: 4951k freed
VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Warning: unable to mount devfs, err: -2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 52k init
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
EXT2-fs error (device ramdisk(1,0)): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #39: unaligned directory entry - offset=1024, inode=318774272, rec_len=27649, name_len=105
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
Seams I have a number of problems. One is ramdisk error
and seccond is mising init.
I checked init and found it in /sbin/init, is it Ok?

Are there any ready to use images for eldk && 2.4.18?
Probaly someone has script for copying minimum files set from nfs rootfs to ramdisk.
What is the minimum set of files I need to boot?

I'm new in embedded linux field so excuse me for
such newbie questions.

Thank you for your help.
Best Regards. Xol.