Problems rebuilding the DENX ELDK

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 24 20:47:38 EST 2003

Dear Steven,

in message <3F1F963D.4010609 at imc-berlin.de> you wrote:

> I made it once to rebuild the ELDK under a modified SuSE 8.0. But I
> can't do it again. I just can't remember what I did. But as long as I

I still have the description you sent me back then. Shall  I  forward
it to you? :-)

> So I think I can wait (how long?). But any idea about my original
> question?

I think we will have an initial test version before the end  of  next
week. I can keep you posted, if you like.

As for your question: I don't know. And I don't have  a  SuSE  system
here (yet), so I cannot test it myself.

> I'd love to understand this whole automake/autoconf/rpm stuff?

Me too. Ummm... Actually I don't want, but I'm afraid I must ;-)

> I suppose the times of handwriten/optimized Makefiles are gone...
> Forever... ;-)

Nope. There is a niche for everyhting :-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
One does not thank logic.
	-- Sarek, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4