Boa Cross Compile for MPC8266ADS?

Mark Hatle fray at mvista.com
Wed Jul 23 01:42:44 EST 2003

Slightly off subject, but any reason you are working on Boa.  (I have
not used it myself.)  But I know thttpd is small and is capable of
running CGI applications.  (It also cross compiles properly.)  :)

Back to your original question...

Assuming the application build infrastructure isn't on crack
(unfortunatly a lot of apps are...) you will need to set:

CC=cross compiler
AS=cross assembler
LD=cross linker
AR=cross ar (optional)
RANLIB=cross ranlib (optional)
CPP=cross cpp (optional)
CXX=cross C++ (g++) compiler
NM=cross nm (optional)
STRIP=cross strip

Then make sure that when you run configure you have --host= set to
"powerpc-linux".  You may also want to set --build= to whatever your
host architecture is.  ("gcc -dumpmachine" is an easy way to get the
fill canonical name.)

Now ASSUMING the application's configure script is correct the system
should be now setup to build.  Just type make and your should get a
working application.  (Of course it's rarely this simple.. For instance
you may have to manually pass configure values into the configure step
to work around things it can't automatically determine for cross
compilation.)

--Mark