8xx SCC's as uart

Eli Brin elib at rokonet.co.il
Fri Jul 18 00:51:18 EST 2003

> Sure. If you don't care if data gets lost...

I would like to work on pure Tx/Rx without HW flow control.  But configuring
mgetty to work without flow control result in failure to detect disconnects.
Configuring mgetty to work with HW flow control result on detecting
disconnects.  All above experiments are on a PC.

When I will get our target, I will be able to test the HW flow control of
the 8xx and find a working mode with mgetty.  Our development targets
(TQM860L and FADS) don't have an SCC uart port...Perhaps I will try to
rewire the FADS that has SCC2 connected to an IRDA port...

Thanks for the warning... :)

Eli