[RFC] consistent_sync and non L1 cache line aligned buffers

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Thu Jul 17 00:01:38 EST 2003

Darin.Johnson at nokia.com wrote:

> My headache example was the 4 byte buffer that MPC860 CPM
> was using to talk to an I2C device, there just wasn't an
> elegant solution...

You should have used consistent_alloc and never used consistent_sync()
in this case.  FYI, consistent_sync() should never be used on
consistent_alloc()'ed buffers.....another tidbit for documentation.
The consistent_* are used to manage a variety of consistency related
features of non-coherent processors, not that you should necessarily
use all of them to solve a particular implementation requirement.

Thanks.

	-- Dan