DENX ELDK Kernel

Brian Padalino bpadalino at perigee.com
Tue Jul 15 23:06:11 EST 2003

I am just getting into some embedded linux systems and thought I would go
with the DENX ELDK since it seemed like the best package out there.
Unfortunately, one of the requirements of the project is that kernel
upgradability should be easy.

I understand that DENX ELDK is always being worked on, and I have seen that
Wolfgang Denk is amazingly active in this community, so I guess my question
is -- can I use the linux-ppc kernel patches for the latest 2.4 kernels
instead of DENX's?  Should this requirement of the kernel needing to be
easily upgradable to any kernel reevaluated?

BTW, the platform is very simple and will just be a PPC440GP with a gigabit
ethernet controller.

Any information or insight is very much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Brian Padalino