Ethernet PHY chip discovery not working on 855T with 971/972 chips

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Jul 15 00:31:10 EST 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 09:58:05AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Pantelis,

> > >google knows nothing of this, can you give a pointer into the thread
> > >please?  Thanks.
> > >

> > I was the one that sent the patches (search for dpalloc).
>
> I was referring to a much older implementation  of  this  feature.  I
> sent it to Tom nearly two years ago:
>
> 	Subject: Re: Modifications to linuxppc_2_4_devel
> 	From: Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
> 	Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 23:57:30 +0200
> 	To: Tom Rini <trini at kernel.crashing.org>
>
> The patch in question was named "PATCH-006-dpfree+uart".

I really wish I had looked into making mutt keep a copy of sent mail a
lot sooner.  I don't suppose you have a copy of my reply to that as
well?  I suspect it was either "Can you break the uart stuff out from
the dpfree stuff" and you didn't, or "This is large and intrusive and
I'd feel better if I could make Dan Malek look at it".

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/