FEC and ETH on EP860

Frank Smith smith at amirix.com
Sat Jul 12 08:02:05 EST 2003

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any issues involving use of the FEC and ETH
at the same time on an Embedded Planet EP860 running Linux?

If I bring the board up with Planet Core thinking DefaultENET=FENET,
I can boot Linux, and both Ethernets work.  If I bring the board up
with DefaultENET=ENET, the ETH works, but the FEC doesn't.  The FEC
driver attaches OK, but when I go to send some traffic out the FEC,
I get ring buffer dumps because packets aren't being transmitted.
CONFIG_USE_MDIO is not set in my configuration.

I'm using a 2.4.18 kernel (design constraint).  I'm just beginning
to dig into the details of this problem so I don't have much more
in the way of specifics to report yet.  Has anybody encountered the
same problem?

Thanks,
-Frank.