Ethernet PHY chip discovery not working on 855T with 971/972 chips

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jul 12 04:29:16 EST 2003

Dear Tom,

in message <20030711155226.GV17433 at ip68-0-152-218.tc.ph.cox.net> you wrote:

> No, but I do wonder if you ever plan on sending anything out again.  It

Has anything  significantly  changed?  Patches/extensions  are  still
accepted for 2.5 only, right? Does this tree work for 8xx systems?

IIRC the last time we such discussions simply nothing  happened:  see
for example to code for dp_alloc / dp_free that was submitted several
times.  Or see thread "set_rtc_time() cleanup / normalization" in May
this year.

If you suggest there is a way to get patches really included into the
"official" trees, please let me know how to do this.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You see things; and you say ``Why?'' But I dream  things  that  never
were; and I say ``Why not?''
       - George Bernard Shaw _Back to Methuselah_ (1921) pt. 1, act 1