Heretical Question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 10 06:14:50 EST 2003

In message <20030709155723.G20807 at borg.org> you wrote:

> I know it is wrong for me to ask, but is there (possibly already
> lurking in my Red Hat box?) a graphical front end to GDB that will
> work with embedded programming?  Emacs already lets me debug with

There is: "ddd".

Use it for example like this:

	bash$ export CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx-
	bash$ ddd --debugger ${CROSS_COMPILE}gdb &

> It is possible ddd would do, but it also seems to be for native
> debugging only too.

No, with  the  "--debugger"  option  you  can  tell  it  to  use  the
cross-GDB, too.

> Suggestions?

RTFM :-)

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little  or  no  influence  on
society.                                                 - Mark Twain