problems in SCC-UART in mpc860

Paul Ruhland pruhland at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jul 2 12:48:13 EST 2003

You stated you have the SCC UART CD enabled so this may be your initial
problem.

With CD enabled, SCC UART will not receive unless CD is asserted.  Typically,
a modem will not assert CD until it is connected and gets an aswer tone.
Therefore, you will not be able to communicate with the modem to configure it
and tell it to dial.

Try enabling RTS and CTS but not CD.  This may get you farther along.