cpu speed

AlessandroPPC aleppcrossi at libero.it
Fri Feb 28 20:05:39 EST 2003

Dear all,

I 've a MPC8260 board with 2.4.18 kernel version and nfs root fs . First I
have configurated it with cpu_clock = 133 MHz, cpm_clock = 100 MHz and
bus_clock = 33 Mhz with good results.
Then I have changed this configuration with cpu_clock = 166 MHz, cpm_clock =
100 MHz and bus_clock = 33 Mhz with bad results.
With cpu clock at 166 Mhz I have several error but typically "Illegal
istruction " error message is send on the console.
I have checked the bus timing (memory read/write access) with no difference
rispect to cpu_clock at 133 MHz.

Can be a cache problem ?

Tanks to all,
Alessandro.