Linux on Cogent CSB281?

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu Feb 27 06:48:03 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 12:33, William A. Gatliff wrote:

> Guys:
>

> Does anyone have any linux-2.4.x running on a Cogent CSB281?
>
> I would love to have a parallel solution to mine to look at.  My
> kernel (mv's -dev tree, 2.4.21-pre4) boots and runs off a ramdisk
> mostly fine, but crashes in ways that make me suspect a memory
> controller problem.
>
> I'm only interested in the kernel itself, I don't care at the moment
> about PCI or anything else.  I'll sort through those problems (and
> contribute patches if anyone else is interested) once I have the
> kernel itself running solid.

What sort of strange things do you see?  Can you duplicate them,
or are they random?

I've seen this board act weirdly running eCos as well.  I don't
have a Linux kernel for this board, but I'd be glad to try yours
just to see if the behavior is consistent across boards.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary at mlbassoc.com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc