Unstable MPC8245 board

William A. Gatliff bgat at billgatliff.com
Wed Feb 26 12:34:37 EST 2003

Chris:

> I'm not familiar with uMON, but I would guess it has some memory tests
> in it.  Can you do burst reads/writes inside of uMON reliably?

Good question.  I have the source, I could add such a test.  (uMON has
a memory test, but it's a "walking ones and zeros" for verifying
hardware connectivity, not all that other stuff that's a problem with
SDRAMs).

What's a C construct that would virtually guarantee a burst read or
write?

> Without knowing anything else, from what I see here, I'm guessing that
> your problem is related to memory.  But testing outside of the kernel
> will definitely help to rule that out.

Ok.  Thanks, that's a start...

b.g.
--