PPC NvRam Support???

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Feb 26 10:14:15 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 01:58:18PM -0800, Tom Guilliams wrote:

> I'm looking for NVRAM support (/dev/nvram) for the M48T37V 32K x 8
> Timekeeper SRAM chip.  Not only that, but drivers/char/nvram.c in the
> 2.4 development tree doesn't seem to support PPC at all.  I must be
> missing something or going about this the wrong way.  There appears to
> be RTC support for that chipset but no NVRAM.  Can anyone shed some
> light on PPC NVRAM support?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, what are you trying to do exactly?  The drivers/char/nvram.c
driver should be able be made to work on a 'pc' style nvram with a
little work.  NVRAM support is currently funky because powermacs cannot
use the drivers/char/nvram.c driver, but did use CONFIG_NVRAM.  You
could try just removing the PPC check in drivers/char/Makefile and see
what happens.

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/