Kernel Preemption patch

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Tue Feb 25 09:29:18 EST 2003

At 12:45 PM 2/24/2003, brian.auld at adic.com wrote:
>In a previous post, you mentioned that you had the Kernel Preemption patch
>as well as the Real-Time scheduler patch running on a 2.4.19 kernel on
>405/440 platforms...
>
>If not, how did you manage to propogate forward George Anzinger's latest
>patch (2.4.16) to your kernel?

I used George Anzinger patch (it looked less intrusive than 0(1) to me)
with small fixes.

Actually I applied 3 different patches to achieve reasonable user-mode soft
real-time for 440GP kernel:

1) preempt patch (from MVL)
2) rtsched by George Anzinger
3) lock-break by RML

I can make a patch for 2.4.19 PPC devel tree snapshot with all those
patches and my fixes if you want.

I'm not sure whether I should post it to the list or not.

Eugene